Our Lady of the Cape is a co-educational Catholic Primary School that follows the guidelines and policies set down by the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia. Our Lady of the Cape Primary School is a double stream school enrolling boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The Enrolment Policy of Our Lady of the Cape Primary School is based on the Catholic Education Commission principle of striving to make Catholic schooling available to children whose parents wish for them to be educated in an environment which has the Gospel, including its values, and a Catholic ethos as its basis.
Commencing 2024, OLC is excited to offer a day of Pre Kindy for children who have or are turning 3 years old. The cost will be $75 per day. The Pre Kindy day will be on a Wednesday and will run throughout the school term.
Please note applications for Pre Kindy are independent to applications for Enrolment in Primary School, commencing Kindy. A separate application should be completed via our Application for Enrolment process.
Limited Availability for 2024
Enrol now for Kindy through to Year 6. Year 3 placements for 2024 have been filled. Secure your position today.
Procedure for Application
- Application forms must be submitted for all children seeking enrolment in Our Lady of the Cape Primary School. These forms are available for download or from the school office. A $60.00 (inc. GST) application fee applies to all applications. Applications will not be processed unless the fee has been paid.
- A copy of each child’s Baptismal Certificate (where applicable), Birth Certificate and Immunisation (AIR) details must be attached to the application form when it is submitted.
- The Kindergarten is the initial enrolling year for the school.
- For students to be eligible for Kindergarten they must turn four (4) before 30 June.
- It is understood that enrolment in Kindergarten guarantees enrolment for Pre-Primary to Year 6.
- Applicants will be invited to attend an interview in the year preceding enrolment.
- In the event that an applicant is advised they will be placed on a waiting list their position on the list will be maintained for 12 months. Written notification needs to be submitted annually in order to maintain the status of the application.
- Interviews are required for all children prior to confirmation of enrolment at Our Lady of the Cape Primary School.
- Parents will be notified of interview times by letter and/or phone.
- We invite the student being enrolled into the school to attend the interview.
- A letter will be forwarded to parents to advise if their application is successful.
- Parents/Caregivers are required to complete and sign the Our Lady of the Cape Primary School Enrolment Agreement.
- The Application Fee is non-refundable and is no guarantee that the student will be enrolled at Our Lady of the Cape Primary School, Dunsborough.
When enrolling students consideration is given to the following in priority:
- Catholic students from the Dunsborough/Busselton Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Catholic students from outside the Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Other Catholic students.
- Siblings of non-Catholic students.
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations.
- Other Non-Catholic students.
The Principal in conjunction with the Parish Priest has discretion for the enrolment of special cases. No enrolment application is refused on the basis of financial hardship.
- Completion of Our Lady of the Cape Primary School’s Enrolment Form and acceptance of the application by the school does not guarantee a place at the school nor does it guarantee an enrolment interview.
- Enrolment at Our Lady of the Cape Primary School is not a guarantee of enrolment in any other Catholic school.
- Parents are advised that enrolment at Our Lady of the Cape Primary School does not guarantee automatic entry to Catholic Secondary Schools.
- If a parent or guardian has knowingly withheld information relevant to the application/enrolment process then the Principal reserves the right to refuse, or terminate enrolment on that ground; Special attention to the AGREEMENT” section of the Our Lady of the Cape Primary School, Enrolment Form must be noted and signed.